Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes

I realized I haven't posted anything Asian... possibly because I've eaten Chinese food all my life and now that I'm living away from home I'm so happy don't have to have stir-fry all day, every day... but I do miss mummy and daddy's home cooking very much. So here is my little recipe that can serve as a full meal or perfect snack, depending on how much you've used your brain that day. Very substantial yet very fresh - the only thing is you'll need some Asian ingredients.

You'll need:
  • 1/2 lb ground beef

  • 1 red pepper, diced

  • 5 small shitake mushrooms, diced

  • 3 chinese sausages, diced

  • 2 green onions, chopped

  • 1/2 head lettuce

  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil

  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce

  • 1 tsp sesame sauce

  • 1 tsp chopped garlic or shallots
First heat up the oil in a wok or non-stick pan. On high heat add the garlic or shallots and then add the ground beef, stir-frying rapidly until browned (about three minutes). Remove the beef from the pan and drain excess oil. Then add the vegetables and chinese sausage to the pan and stir-fry for about three minutes. Then add the ground beef back to the pan and douse with oyster sauce and sesame sauce, stir-frying for another minute. Now it's ready to serve! You just have to tear the half head of lettuce up into little cups so you can spoon the beef mixture into them and chow down. Soooo yummy.

Mike approved.
Perfect for an appetizer dish at a dinner party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home