Monday, August 15, 2005

Chicken Souvlaki!!

Prep time: 5 minutes + marinade overnight
Cooking time: 15 minutes

This is totally Mel's recipe - she's the best. For a non-Greek girl I love my souvlaki... almost as much as a Greek, I'm sure. I crave this stuff all the time and would be at my most optimal happiest if I could have it at least once a week. The only thing about this recipe is that you have to think ahead - marinating the night before is best.

You'll need:
  • 2 chicken breasts, cubed

  • 1/2 cup or 125 mL olive oil

  • 1 tsp black pepper

  • 2 tbsp lemon juice

  • 2 tbsp oregano

  • 3 garlic cloves chopped thinly (you could add more depending on how much you love garlic)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. You can leave them in the bowl or place everything in a plastic bag to refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. You can check on your beautiful souvlaki from time to time, because the smell of the marinade and garlic is damn good! The next day put your oven on broil (I use my trusty toaster oven) and broil the chicken for about 15 minutes, flipping once.

I usually like to serve my souvlaki in a Greek pita with tons of tzatziki sauce. It's up to you!

Mike and Des approved.
Almost as good as the souvlaki found at Mr. Greek or Greco's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home